Transport Planner / Engineer
We are pleased to be working with our client who are looking for a highly-motivated transport planner / engineer to join their team in Birmingham, with experience of working on private sector development planning projects.
Through your work in the role, we will expect you to:
- Contribute to the transport aspects of development planning projects
- Undertake technical aspects of Transport Assessments, Statements, Travel Plans and feasibility reports
- Contribute to other projects as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and local authorities
- Work within our supportive team environment
The ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience, or be looking to develop into:
- Good understanding of the development planning industry
- Experience with junction capacity modelling (TRL Junctions 9 Software / LinSig)
- Traffic engineering skills, including junction design and signals (including the use of AutoCAD / Swept path analysis)
- Highway design skills
- Good understanding of transport data sets, including the overseeing of traffic surveys
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Be working towards Chartered Engineer or TPP qualification
Our client is an Equal Opportunities employer and offers a flexible, friendly, informal and inclusive working environment.
Members of their team enjoy working on stimulating project opportunities in the UK and overseas in return for competitive remuneration packages that include: cycle to work, childcare and pension salary sacrifice schemes; flexible working and a Simply Health cash plan.
The salary for this role is competitive and will be commensurate with the right individual's level of experience.
Contact Mark - 01202 888986 ext 284