Location: Hemel Hempstead, Bristol, Cheshire or Glasgow
Salary: circa £30,000
Do you have what it takes?
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy company providing services globally for over 30 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, transport, power/water, oil/gas and waste sectors. One of our underlying principals is to promote the concept of sustainability in all we do, having signed the 'Pledge to Net Zero' government initiative.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join a market leading team of 35+ experienced geophysicists and surveyors. Delivering high quality survey services throughout the UK. Within our expanding team, the successful applicant will primarily complete PAS128 level B utility detection surveys either individually or in small teams for larger sites. Our client has an expanding equipment pool of GSSI and IDS GPR equipment providing our staff with highest quality instrumentation and support to allow them to complete surveys to the required standards.
What you can expect in this position
- Regular team meetings and support from colleagues
- Annual PDR and mentor guidance
- CPD and training opportunities
- An annual subscription to relevant professional body
- Site work subsistence
- Modern office environment
What you'll be doing:
- Undertaking site work using GPR and EML techniques for on-site service clearance in preparation for intrusive site investigation works.
- Site works, processing and drafting of utility mapping projects to PAS128 standards
- Managing ongoing projects
- Liaising with external clients and internal site investigation teams for project scheduling
What we're looking for:
- Aptitude to work independently and as part of a team
- A willingness to contribute ideas and suggestions
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication is essential to the role.
- Self-motivated, with diligence, integrity and ambition.
- Willingness to travel around the UK
- Adherence to our technical and operating procedures with a strong sense of health and safety awareness
- Experienced Utility Surveyor (2 - 4 years' experience)
- Competent in use of GPR and EML equipment for completion of PAS128 standard surveys
- Experience of GPR processing and interpretation for completion of PAS128 standard surveys
- Competent user of High Precision GPS &Total Stations
- Competent user of 2D AutoCAD
- Strong IT skills including Excel, RADAN, 3D CAD would be an advantage
- Must hold a UK driving license
Salary & benefits:
- £Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life assurance cover
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
On offer is a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered. A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care. Regular training and career development.