A renowned client, who is at the forefront of the waste management industry, has given us a unique opportunity to find an experienced individual to fill the position of Gas Technician to join their southern based Landfill Gas team. You must uphold the company expectations to promote and deliver sustainable waste management solutions.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
· The main purpose of the role is to maximise landfill gas recovery and treatment to ensure environmental protection and to make beneficial use of Landfill gas.
· Must be liaison between site management and contractors to ensure compliance with all laws and legislations.
· Interrogate data to enable planning of system extensions and reinforcement to minimise loss of performance.
· Coordinate monitoring data with on-site activity and updating local/regional management teams.
· Qualification in Health and Safety IOSH as a minimum
· Mechanical/Engineering/Science qualification a degree standard would be desired
· GCSE's or equivalent (grades A-C) in Mathematics, English, IT, Chemistry (Basic and Environmental Science desirable
· Effective communication and verbal skills
· Computer literacy (including Excel) - essential
· Problem solving skills and attention to detail required
· It would be desirable to have a process background
· Must be able to travel, without restriction
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.