Site Manager - Metal Recycling
North East England
£30-40k + Package
Industry leader in metals recycling and waste management, this award-winning company are looking for a new Site Manager to run and develop their Durham site.
This position requires strong leadership skills and a 'hands-on' approach. Successful candidates will be problem solvers, mentors, excellent communicators and have strong commercial focus.
· Manage the day to day operations of the end-of-life metal recycling processes, including depollution, cat removal, wheel removal, 360deg crane operations and baling.
· Ensure the maintenance of all plant and equipment.
· Arrange training and guidance for workforce.
· Ensure quality standards are achieved and adhered to.
· Ensure that documented procedures are maintained and followed.
· Participate in ongoing managerial training.
· Ensure agreed productivity targets are met / exceeded.
· Build strong relationships and communication channels with other key departments
· Be responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective operational plan that will incorporate the efficient use of all resources.
· Conducting and completing employee's annual reviews.
· Ensure high levels of environmental, health and safety standards.
Skills & Experience
· Previous experience of leading operational teams.
· Experience working in end of life vehicle operations, or similar mechanical environment.
· Knowledge and delivery of relevant Environmental, Health & Safety legislation and policy.
· Experience of operating a 360 excavator with 5-tine grab attachment and FLT licence (advantage).
· Proven track-record of meeting challenging business targets.
· Exceptional organisational and problem solving skills.
· High standards of delivery and customer service.
· Team work and flexibility.
· Strong written and communication skills.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Charles Cocklin at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.