Allen & York's Ground Engineering team are pleased to be working on behalf of one of the UK's largest integrated Civil and Environmental consultancy groups. The team have identified a need to expand their Hydrogeology capability out of two of the Southern offices, and are hoping to bring on board a Consultant or Senior Level Hydrogeologist into the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned water resource consultant to join a team working on projects across the UK, with the chance for potential international exposure also.
Responsibilities will include:
- Desk based hydrogeological assessments
- Identifying appropriate locations for new abstraction wells
- Designing well installations
- Assessing water quality issues with supply wells
- Organisation of field work, including third party activities
- Preparation of risk assessments and method statements
- Report writing
- Inputting to water resources management plans from a groundwater perspective
- Inputting to drought management plans from a groundwater perspective
Qualifications and experience:
- Good understanding of Southern chalk aquifers
- Experience working in the water resource sector and an understanding of resource evaluation
- Master's or Doctorate level degrees in a closely related field
- Familiarity with software packages such as MODFLOW would be an advantage
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the leading private sector Geo Morphology teams. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for more information.