ALLEN & YORK are delighted to have been engaged by a leading university who are looking to appoint an Interim Health & Safety Lead for a 3mth contract while they recruit for the permanent position. With an investment of over £40 million on campus refurbishment and their active support in the city's bid for City of Culture 2021, the university is committed to achieving and driving health and safety standards forward.
You will be covering all Health & Safety aspects at their main campus in Stoke-on-Trent and at their newly opened Healthcare Education centres in the surrounding areas. This role also has the potential to go permanent if required.
- Create and deliver programmes of monitoring, auditing and performance measurement
- Provide professional advice, guidance and support to the University Executive to enable them to fulfil their legal obligations, insofar as health and safety matters are concerned.
- To ensure that the Chief Operating Officer and Senior HR Business Partner are advised of emerging issues that may have a significant impact on the University.
- To act as the University's main contact and liaison with health and safety enforcement agencies
- Provide a comprehensive expert professional advisory and support service to managers and staff.
- Relevant Degree & post-graduate health and safety qualification (NEBOSH Diploma) or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of operational and strategic health, safety and wellbeing issues within the education sector
- Experience producing and presenting high quality reports