|Job Title:||Accounting & Financial Controls Manager|
|Location:||UAE - Abu Dhabi|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounting & Financial Controls Manager for an international Consulting, design, construction and operation company of high tech production facilities for industries like Semi-conductor, Photovoltaics to work in Abu Dhabi Regional Office.
The Accounting and Financial Control Manager will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: accounting, treasury, payroll, insurance, financial risk management, financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, internal controls, audit and taxation.
The Accounting and Financial Controls Manager will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in planning and operations. As part of the core team the daily work will require interfacing with senior management on significant matters, often requiring the coordination of activity across the company. The successful candidate will participate in the development of other Accounting and Controls contributors by coaching and mentoring junior staff members and provide training, review, feedback, guidance, and appraisal.
- Establish and implement all necessary accounting and financial controls policies and procedures
- Establish accounting structure for corporate entity its subsidiaries, and project companies
- Provide leadership in software selection and implementation for a small-medium company engaged in project development and construction, partnership investment project companies, multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency cash and reporting management
- Manage treasury services across multiple entities and countries, including monitoring and managing financial cash flow and forecasting
- Manage foreign exchange, interest rate exposure and other financial risks
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial Management and the Head of E&C, and their teams to establish protocols for project accounting, reporting, and cost controls
- Interface with the project cost reporting and controlling activities out of the regions
- Develop reporting structure in close cooperation with the senior management team
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the executive directors; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least 15 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience
- Experience with partnership accounting, foreign exchange and financial risk management in additional to general accounting under IFRS rules.
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with - programmatic and operational colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.