Acoustician - Manchester or Bristol
Due to continued growth my client is looking for excellent individuals with a background in environmental and / or building acoustics to develop our capabilities in line with their ambitious growth plans. Successful applicants will have a proven grounding in acoustic consultancy with a good working knowledge of British Standards and regulations. In return you will have the opportunity to further develop your career within this thriving sector.
Working mainly but not exclusively in multi-disciplinary teams and on a range of projects you will be involved in exciting building and infrastructure projects in the UK and occasionally overseas. The position is based in either their Bristol or Manchester office with occasional travel to our numerous UK offices and across the country to the various development sites.
- Undertake and manage the acoustic input to building and environmental engineering projects
- Produce detailed 3D noise mapping models of large developments.
- Responsible for carrying out acoustic testing and environmental sound surveys across the country.
- Responsible for end-to-end management of client engagement.
- Be comfortable in engaging with Site Managers, Architects and other stakeholders to ensure project delivery.
- Produce detailed technical reports.
A degree in acoustics is preferable; however a degree in physics, mechanical engineering or other related discipline will also be acceptable. The successful candidate will be an Associate Member of the Institute of Acoustics (AMIOA). A full, clean UK car driving license would be essential
- Proven relevant acoustics experience for at least 2 years working in acoustics consultancy
- Be numerate, literate and familiar with software appropriate to the project tasks
- Working knowledge of relevant codes of practice and industry standards
- Be able to work and travel throughout the UK and very rarely overseas.
- Experience of noise modelling software
- Ambitious and ready to contribute and play your part in the development and growth of the acoustics team, working alongside existing team members and colleagues throughout the Practice.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as report writing will be one of the key aspects of this role
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org