|Job Title:||AD Operations Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - North West England, Merseyside|
|Contact Name:||James Pearson|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
The AD Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the facility, ensuring the Anaerobic Digestion plant functions efficiently and effectively and maximises the performance of the facility. This does include the management and supervision of a team of site operators.
- Complete people management responsibility for the on-site operator team
- Required to work closely with other AD Plant Managers
- Ability to work closely with SHEQ professionals
- Requirement to work closely with AD fitter and other maintenance staff and contractors
- Establish and maintain a network of external contractors
- Work with other colleagues across the organisation as appropriate
- Work with site visitors as appropriate
- Health & Safety – Ensure the prioritisation of safety in all operations, ensuring that every member of the team works to the required safety standard. Contribute to the facility’s safety ethos. A safety leader on site. Develops with the plant manager and works under approved Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS) and Safe Systems of Work (SSW) and Work Instructions (WI)
- Quality & Performance – Required to use own expert knowledge to ensure that the AD plant delivers the output and yield to the appropriate quality levels. Undertake sampling and quality checks using the lab equipment. Take action as required by the results.
- Supervision – Undertake the day to day management of the operators. Allocates and performs tasks as appropriate to ensure the continuous and effective performance of the facility. Motivate and manage the team.
- Environment – Ensure that operational activities are concluded in line with the required environmental standards on all occasions.
- Operational Performance – Responsible for the day to day operation of the process. Participate in analysis and decision making in relation to the balance of production types, operational performance in relation to yield and output volumes and general performance. Identify root causes of downtime and implement preventative and corrective action.
- Maintenance – Work with maintenance colleagues to ensure that planned and corrective maintenance can take place to maximise efficiency and output. Undertake basic maintenance and repair activities to minimise downtime as appropriate.
- Continuous Improvement – Continuously optimise and develop the current process to improve throughput and yield. Identify cost and efficiency improvements and create the business case for these where investment is required. Drive and improve all lean and CI activities.
- Productivity – Flexible in relation to the role to maximise the facilities productive time, including operating on a call out basis, troubleshooting issues and taking ownership through to resolution.
- Special Projects – Undertake special projects as required.
- Influencing skills, ability to motivate a diversified base of individuals
- Ability to manage changing and conflicting priorities
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- A can do mentality with a strong focus on solutions and delivery
- Business Performance focus
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Structured, rigorous and methodical approach
- BSc. in Engineering, Science or equivalent essential
- AD related experience essential
- Industry or role related qualification desirable but not essential
- Operational Health and Safety qualification desirable
- High SHEQ standards and good knowledge of safety practices
- AD related experience essential
- Experience of optimising and managing process parameters
- Delivered operational improvements