My client is a leading service provider in planning and environmental consultancy supporting projects at all stages projects from conception through to construction and maintenance, across the UK.
They are looking to recruit a Consultant/Air Quality Scientist (depending on experience).
Your Responsibilities will include;
- Provide Air Quality consultancy services for a range of environmental projects for key public and private sector clients.
- Provide robust technical advice to clients on compliance with environmental regulations and issues related to Environmental Impact Assessment and Permitting.
- Work closely with clients' technical specialists to incorporate detailed aspects of plant and process and scheme design within environmental assessments.
- Maintain our high quality of environmental deliverables whilst working within project budgets and timescales.
- Support, develop and maintain client relationship.
- Actively support business development activities.
- Work closely with our India team and UK team to develop capability.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team, including in UK and India.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science or engineering discipline.
- Relevant UK experience in Air Quality assessment work. This will include Air Quality Assessments for some or all of the following: industrial sites, road transport schemes and Local Air Quality Management.
- A track record of successful delivery of Air Quality projects to key public and private sector clients.
- Proven ability to work within large multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to conduct technical work within budgetary and time constraints.
- Ability to develop and follow safety procedures / method statements produced by both Jacobs and client organisations.
- An excellent understanding on relevant UK technical guidance including the DMRB, LAQM Technical Guidance and relevant documents from the IAQM and EPUK.
- Proven ability to use Air Quality models (such as ADMS, ADMS-Roads, ADMS Urban, Aermod, AirViro, CALROADS, CMAQ and CALPUFF).
- Must be a self-starter with the drive and ambition to take a project forward and the ability to work unsupervised at times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to undertake new challenges.
- Highly proficient in the use of standard office software (Word / Excel / Powerpoint).
- Experience working to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- Candidates should have, or be working towards, chartered membership of a recognised professional institution.
- Ability to interpret environmental regulations and guidance.
- Experience of working on major road schemes.
- A track record in successful business development and /or the management of air quality teams.
- A full UK driving license would be preferred.
- Able to develop Excel based spreadsheet solutions to efficiently manipulate large and complex datasets.
I look forward to receving your application shortly or please call 01202 888 986 Ext 202.