|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
My client is a globally recognised sustainable engineering and design consultancy that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments. They offer integrated solutions for clients across the energy, life sciences and manufacturing, nuclear, public, transport and utility services sectors. Part of a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £2 billion.
The successful candidate will exhibit high levels of creativity, imagination, vision and enthusiasm to produce distinctive architectural solutions and have a good knowledge in the production of technical details and specifications.
Experience in some of the following market sectors would be an advantage:
- Transportation, including Rail, Underground and Aviation
- Science and Technology, including Pharmaceutical and Research & Development
- Public Sector, including Education, Defence, Healthcare, and Law and Order
- Waste and Environmental
You will be a registered architect - (RIBA and ARB) and able to demonstrate suitable qualification experience
Responsible for directing, coordinating, and exercising functional authority for planning, organisation, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects.
Provide leadership in the management of projects reporting to the Principal architect or line manager in line with identified market sectors.
Provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different buildings and elements.
Design and specify all aspects of the Architectural design in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief in a lead capacity.
You will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
Work to own initiative and required to supervise team members including Technicians, Graduates and trainees. Supporting professional development accordingly.
Actively support Perfect Delivery
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
In line with the above summary and key objectives;
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
- Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using software applications
- Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget; Input to the Management of Cost of Further Works and resource plans.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
- Take responsibility for project design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations. Represent MSPS in external project technical meetings if required
- Attend in-house design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department if required.
- Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques.
- Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
- Ensure projects undergo Design and technical reviews.
- Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
To undertake an appropriate level of business development by:
Maintain regular contact with all assigned project customers, including the best possible development of personal relationships
Technical skills and experience
- Proven track record in the delivery of architectural design, in particular on-site experience within the identified sectors.
- Excellent design and technical detailing ability and competent drafting skills using the latest industry recognised software;
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Ability to organise a team to develop designs from RIBA 0 through to 7
- Competent in preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and management skills to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery
- Effectively manage own time and others within small teams across multiple projects and prioritise workload
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally