|Job Title:||Architects - Warwickshire|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, Warwickshire - Stratford-upon-Avon|
|Salary:||Up to £50,000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Murphy|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
PERMANENT AND CONTRACT OPPORTUNITIES
Our client is a leading UK construction and regeneration group who believe talented people are the key to success, working on everything from small scale fit outs and utilities projects to major urban regeneration schemes. Their strength comes from this balance of activity and their ability to provide integrated solutions comprising a range of services.
They now have an urgent need,due to increased demand, for a number of Architects at their Warwickshire office to undertake projects within the Pharmaceutical and MOD sectors.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
- Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
- Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
- Maintain regular contact with all assigned project customers, including the best possible development of personal relationships
- Take responsibility for project and multi-disciplined design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations. Represent MSPS in external project technical meetings if required
- Attend in-house design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department if required.
- Keep up to date with design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
- Prepare and manage project controls such as; Enquiry plan, TRB review, fee estimate sheets/cost of further work, scope of work and change control preparation.
- Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
Key Candidate requirements
You will hold a Degree in Architecture leading to RIBA chartered membership with the following experience:
- Proven track record in the delivery of architectural design, in particular on-site experience within the transportation/infrastructure sector
- Fully conversant with the procedures adopted within the rail industry including;
Presentation of designs to asset engineers for appropriate sign off
Design guidelines – red materials for specification purposes
Project processes and gateway review procedures
CAD standards and document issue process
- Excellent design and technical detailing ability and competent drafting skills in the following;
Good freehand sketching ability
AutoCAD / AutoCAD ADT or Revit
3D drawing production
Micro-station V8 preferred
NBS specification writer
MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- High levels of creativity, imagination, vision and enthusiasm to produce distinctive architectural solutions
- A good knowledge in the production of technical specifications and the ability to use NBS Building and Create.
- Good knowledge and understanding of traditional sustainable building materials.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
Please contact Lloyd Murphy at ALLEN & YORK on 01202 888 986. We look forward to hearing from you!