|Job Title:||Architectural Technician|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Murphy|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
My client is a globally recognised sustainable engineering and design consultancy that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments. They offer integrated solutions for clients across the energy, life sciences and manufacturing, nuclear, public, transport and utility services sectors. Part of a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £2 billion.
A motivated and talented individual you will be conversant with the latest industry standard software and information management techniques. With an understanding of technical design and building standards, you will be able to communicate effectively and deliver solutions in the following sectors
- Science and Technology, including Pharmaceutical and Research & Development
- Defence, Healthcare
You are not expected to have experience in all sectors.
Ideally qualified to HND or foundation degree in architectural technology, construction or the built environment.
Responsible for generating high quality, accurate and detailed design packages for the Architectural project documentation, working within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- To provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different building types and materials
- Works to own initiative supporting the Senior Technician and Project Architect.
- To be responsible for discrete packages of work under the supervision of a Senior Architect/Senior Technician
- Excellent team working skills
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Be responsible for the production of sketch, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with CAD technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
- Able to provide excellent service in line with the company philosophy of Perfect Delivery
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
- Attend in-house CAD courses and seminars
- Keep up to date with design trends/ design techniques (BIM etc.)
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Input to the review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
Technical skills and experience
- High level of proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT as a minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following software would also be an advantage:
- Microstation 3D V 8.2
- 3D Studio max (inc Vray) preferred but not essential
Preferably knowledge of the following:
- Significant CAD experience preferably in the majority of the identified market sectors.
- Ability to work under the supervision of a Senior Technician to produce 2D & 3D deliverables from concept through to fully co-ordinated detailed design
- To have, or be developing knowledge and experience of traditional and sustainable building materials.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- Knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
- Good level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
- Ability to work accurately and methodically, sometimes under pressure and strict deadlines, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Good communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to negotiate both internally and externally to the team
- Ability to work well within a team of other professionals (Civil Structural engineers, service engineers etc) in delivering designs to satisfy the agreed brief
- Track record of providing a quality CAD service as part of a team