|Job Title:||Area Planning Manager|
|Salary:||£35 - £45 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Area Planning Manager - London
£35 - £45 per hour
Excellent opportunity for an Area Town Planning Manager to work on a range of complex regeneration schemes in London on behalf of a highly successful Local Council.
We are looking for a Town Planner who can hit the ground running, dealing with planning applications and associated planning matters to enhance the area, and provide expert technical advice to all users of the Planning Service
This is an opportunity to contribute to the local planning community, involved extensively with regeneration and conservation projects, providing sustainable solutions to local environmental and economic problems.
This opportunity is offered on an initial 3 month contract with the view to it being extended.
- Leading an area team within the Area Planning Group of the Planning Service to ensure the provision of statutory services including development control and planning enforcement,
- Additional focus on local planning, conservation and regeneration work, enabling the service to meet customer service and contract targets.
- To give advice to Members and senior officers of the Council, on planning matters leading to decisions for change and regularly attend Committees, Area Forums and other Council/Agency meetings.
- To make decisions on planning applications and related matters in accordance with the scheme of delegation and the Council's Constitution
- Assisting the Head of Planning in the overall management of the group and in their absence deputising in overall supervision.
- Making a positive contribution to service development within the Planning Service, and to the corporate work of the Council.
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or RICS (Planning & Development)
- Substantial recent experience in planning with significant experience in development control, policy and enforcement projects
- A successful track record of managing complex development control and project caseloads
- Working appropriately and effectively with politicians and other stakeholders
- Quickly produce and analyse complex textual, financial and numerical information
- Effective leadership and staff management together with the ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Ability to lead, manage, motivate and develop employees within the framework of the Council's Equal Opportunities and Customer Care policies to ensure consistently high levels of performance
Interested? Get in touch!