Our client is one of the biggest investment and asset managers within renewable energy.
They employ over 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors.
The engineering team are core members of the Energy Asset Management team. This team manages over 250 energy generating companies, currently valued in excess of £2Bn and delivering revenue in excess of £230m pa.
The operational activities include solar power parks, anaerobic digestion systems (AD), wind farms and gas fired generators (also called Reserve Power, RP). The companies are owned by investors in managed funds or companies and do not have any direct employees.
They are looking for an experienced Wind Engineer to drive performance from a large portfolio of Wind Farms in the UK.
The Wind Engineer will report to the Technical Director and will work closely with the Wind Investment and Asset Management teams responsible for growing and managing the portfolio. He/she will advise and sign-off/be accountable for all technical and operational issues from pre-acquisition, through the construction and operation of the wind plant life-cycle by working with our outsourced Asset Managers and O&M providers. He/she will take particular pride in improving the operational and financial performance of the assets. The role will require some travel to site in the UK.
- Be embedded within the Wind Asset Management team to manage all wind technical issues and drive performance of the assets. This will include making recommendations for value or performance enhancements.
- With their outsourced Asset Managers, be able to challenge Technical Advisors on Technical Due Diligence reports including, but not limited to; Yield Assumptions, snagging items, plant improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Sign-off and project manage all aspects of construction management, including; quality, timeliness, budget control and ensuring HSE requirements (including CDM requirements) are met and adhered to
- Advise the Commercial Asset Managers on the technical aspects of commercial issues and negotiations
- Investigate the root causes of the underperformances and/or issues affecting the assets and advice on potential and also innovative solutions available in the market
- Read, critique and summarise all reports from operational subcontractors such as EPC contractors, asset managers, O&M contractors
- Advise on the appropriateness and cost of any works proposed on the sites
- Advise on risk management and mitigation across the portfolio, including preparing decision-making materials for senior management as necessary
- Work closely with the Investment team to assess new assets being considered for acquisition, including reading, critiquing and summarising reports from advisors, developers and sellers.
- Support all aspects of complying with grid, planning and other permits
- Work closely with the commercial team on any due diligence prepared for transactions such as bank financing or sale of the assets and in the preparation and negotiation of the EPC Contract in particular of the technical appendixes
- Work closely with the Wind Finance Team to ensure budgets are correct and well managed
- Support the Technical Director on projects/issues/initiatives across all technology types as required
- Define and monitor technical KPIs for external asset managers' and other contractors' performance
- Develop relationships and work with DNOs and NG to enhance the point of connection, maximize the grid availability, improve the communications and the planning of future outages as required
- Support the New Technologies Deal Team in the tech analysis and selection of the products for new investments
- Periodically visit the assets to check the status of the services and the KPIs
- They will have been involved in managing Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contractors for Wind projects as well as Contract Management, including the management of Health & Safety and commercial claims management for on-going Operations
- They will have experience assessing technical reports and have an excellent understanding of the factors that impact performance and performance measurement of solar farms
- They will have a good understanding of the technologies and systems used to assess and enhance plant performance
- They will be comfortable interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, permits and tender documents as well as contracts commercials, cash flows, invoicing, cost control and risk analysis and mitigations
- Knowledge of MS office is essential and knowledge of MS project or Primavera would be an advantage
- He/she will be an excellent communicator at all levels, particularly when translating technical information for non-technical teams
We look forward to receiving your application.