Asset Protection Engineer
We are actively recruiting for an experienced Asset Protection Engineer to join our client. Our client is a main contractor, working on a prestigious Rail project in the London area.
As the Asset Protection Engineer, you will ensure that all the commitments with the third parties from the Legal Agreements listed in the Commitment register are delivered in a timely manner; develop, plan and coordinate the design and implementation of Building Structural Mitigation Measures recommended in the Stage 3 Building Damage Assessments and carry out inspections necessary for managing the effects of the works on Grade I/II listed buildings within the zone of influence of the tunnels and shafts.
This role will include liaising with the client (London Underground), Designers, Tier 2 Contractors and Third Parties to ensure the design and works are implemented as appropriate and sufficient for the requirements in a timely manner.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal and to be able to report at all levels.
- Educated to degree or higher level in a surveying, engineering, mining or construction discipline. An HNC or HND (or equivalent) or a fully recorded vocational training to an equivalent level (Mining Qualifications Board; Mine Surveyors Certificate or similar) may be acceptable where a significant level of experience in a technical engineering role can be demonstrated.
- Experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industries
- A good working knowledge of relevant safety legislation
- Appropriate CSCS card type and level
Ideally you will have previous experience of working within the rail environment, working with London Underground / previous experience of dealing with LU as a client and membership of an appropriate Professional body - ideal but not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation who is rapidly growing, working on many prestigious projects around the UK & globally, and who can offer genuine career development and longevity.