We are currently recruiting for one of our clients, who are looking for an Assistant Civil Engineer to join their busy York office. As the ideal candidate, you will be a career minded and have good technical knowledge gained within the rail sector.
Our client's rail team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's highest profile including HS2 and Crossrail, most complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of challenging civil and structural engineering designs. We operate in a diverse marketplace and you will gain experience of working on a varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with team members and acquire knowledge and practical skills through, continuing your development and allowing you to further enhance and develop your career.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing skills and knowledge base.
- Assisting with the preparation of appropriate project related documentation.
- Preparing drawings, technical specifications, reports and other project documentation as required.
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- MEng / MSc Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (ICE or IStructE accredited).
- Working towards Chartered Professional Membership with the ICE or IStructE.
- Familiarity with British Standards & Eurocodes.
- Previous experience in a similar position, having worked on rail projects previously.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive attitude.
Our client is offering a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration are on offer.
If you are keen to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, please get in touch.