|Job Title:||Assistant Civil Engineer/ Project Engineer|
|Location:||UK - Scotland - Central Belt, Edinburgh|
|Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000 DOE|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Allen & York's Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of one of Europe's leading architecture and engineering consultancy. The company are seeking to appoint an Assistant Civil Engineer to provide assistance or work towards leading the delivery of infrastructure design packages for on-shore wind farm developments.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop into a well-rounded engineering infrastructure design capability. The successful candidate will contribute to the coordination of the design strands responsible for delivery of turbine foundation, bridges and control buildings packages.
• Wind farm infrastructure layout and access track geometry with consideration of build-ability, access standards and environmental constraints.
• Develop bridge and culvert geometry considering structural form and flooding levels
• Catchment assessments, hydraulic design of culvert including CAR authorisation.
• Develop wind farm sustainable drainage concepts and details consulting with EA or SEPA where necessary.
• Develop public highway improvement concepts and detailed design for turbine component delivery including road authority consultation and road construction consent submission.
• Liaison with and / or coordination of geotechnical, structural design strands and environmental specialists to assist in the provision of the company's multi-disciplinary service
• Concept design for environmental impact assessment purposes.
• Preparation of tender submission packages including multi-disciplinary design statements and presentation drawings.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company's Integrated Management Systems.
• Compile and coordinate completion of as-built drawings and records.
• From design concept to detailed stage, be capable of addressing health and safety hazards and risk. Work with contractor or developer client to continually develop own knowledge or construction hazard and control. Effectively communicate residual risk. Record significant decisions.
Requirements / Experience:
Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar discipline.
• Civil infrastructure design experience with good technical knowledge within own expertise area.
• Experience of modelling and analysing linear type construction and proficient in the use of Bentley MX or Autocad, PDS or Civils 3D modelling software.
• Knowledge of trunk road local road standards.
• Knowledge of construction materials specification.
• Proficiency in WinDes and culvert modelling software.
• Multi-disciplinary knowledge relating to geotechnical design, structural design, environmental assessment.
• Delivery of detailed design packages and statutory or third party approval.
• Develop and maintain productive client relationships.
• Development of technical and professional competencies of junior colleagues.
• Project management and financial administration.
• The ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members and to produce reports in clear English.
• Ability to produce and oversee the production of concise engineering drawings or high quality presentation drawings.