|Job Title:||Assistant Construction Site Manager|
|Location:||County Antrim, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£28000.00 - £30000.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is a world leading developer of Renewable Energy projects. They are looking to hire an experienced Assistant Construction Site Manager forms part of the site management team and shall be responsible for the safe delivery of the infrastructure works, on and off site, associated with the projects. The role requires a sound background in the supervision of civil engineering works, preferably in the renewables sector and with intimate knowledge of good industry practises. The role provides versatile support in order to ensure the professional, safe, quality & environmentally controlled, on time, on budget delivery of the construction phase of a project.
Health and safety is at the core of values and we are committed to promoting safe behaviours across all of our business activities. This role requires full buy in to these principles and a commitment to positively promote our behavioural health and safety programme to ensure that every employee, contractor or subcontractor Goes Home Safely.
The ACSM supports the Construction Site Manager in the supervision of all activities on and off site to ensure compliance with the requirements set out in contracts, lean management practises, statutory legislation and project obligations.
Deputise for the Construction Site Manager during periods when they cannot be on site including: -
- Management of the Works;
- Liaise with stake holders;
- Monitor project plan and costs;
- Assume all related HSQE duties; and
- Continuously promote values.
- Covering any of the responsibilities of the Construction Site Manager (as summarised below) as directed:
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation;
- Add value and reduce costs through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering solutions;
- Coordination of staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, community liaison groups and utilities;
- Support to the Site / Construction Manager in their preparation and negotiation of construction contract documentation and interaction with procurement team. This includes the administration of requisitions, purchase orders and contracts during construction;
- Support the production and maintenance of all HSQE plans associated with the construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives;
- Responsible for the safety of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Responsible for the quality of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Responsible for the environmental performance of the site works through management and supervision in accordance with the management system; and Support with commercial matters related to the construction of the project in accordance with the contracts and management systems.
From time to time, the ACSM may act as Construction Site Manager in all aspects when required, or for smaller sites or projects of short duration.
A relevant trade, vocational or academic qualification in a civil engineering / construction related discipline and the required experience or equivalent practical experience is required in order to fulfil the requirements of this role.
The Construction Assistant Site Manager shall possess a detailed understanding of: -
- Construction plant, processes, materials and trades relevant to the design, build, testing of Civil engineering infrastructure in UK & Ireland, the associated regulations and legislation;
- Earthworks, including bulk excavation and muck shifting; and
- Construction of non-bound roads and reinforced concrete foundations.
- Confident communicator with a large range of audience types from small informal groups to chairing meetings and delivering inductions and basic tool box training. Attention to detail in ensuring and evidencing the compliance of the works with the specification, excellent time management skills in order to deliver the construction work efficiently.
- Previous experience with civil engineering contractors in a supervisory role engaged on medium to large civil engineering projects with demonstrable development particularly with regard to supervision of works, Health, Safety, Quality, Environment and Sustainability.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.