The responsibilities of the Construction Assistant Site Manager include: -
Deputise for the Construction Site Manager during periods when they cannot be on site including:
- Management of the Works
- Liaise with stake holders
- Monitor project plan and costs
- Assume all related HSQE duties
- Continuously promote values.
Covering any of the responsibilities of the Construction Site Manager (as summarised below) as directed:
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation
- Add value and reduce costs through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering solutions
- Coordination of staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, community liaison groups and utilities
- Support to the Site / Construction Manager in their preparation and negotiation of construction contract documentation and interaction with procurement team. This includes the administration of requisitions, purchase orders and contracts during construction;
- Support the production and maintenance of all HSQE plans associated with the construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) and demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives;
- Responsible for the safety of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Responsible for the quality of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the management system;
- Responsible for the environmental performance of the site works through management and supervision in accordance with the management system
- Support with commercial matters related to the construction of the project in accordance with the contracts and management systems.
- From time to time, the Construction Assistant Site Manager may act as Construction Site Manager in all aspects when required, or for smaller sites or projects of short duration.
Knowledge & Experience
The Construction Assistant Site Manager shall possess an understanding of:
- Construction plant, processes, materials and trades relevant to the design, build, testing of civil engineering, high and low voltage infrastructure in UK & Ireland, the associated regulations and legislation.
- Earthworks, including bulk excavation and muck shifting; and Construction of non-bound roads and reinforced concrete foundations.
- HV & LV equipment installation & testing
Strong previous experience with civil engineering or utility contractors in a supervisory role engaged on medium to large civil engineering projects with demonstrable development particularly with regard to supervision of works, Health, Safety, Quality, Environment and Sustainability.
Skills and Qualifications
Confident communicator with a large range of audience types from small informal groups to chairing meetings and delivering inductions and basic tool box training. Attention to detail in ensuring and evidencing the compliance of the works with the specification, excellent time management skills in order to deliver the construction work efficiently.
A relevant trade, vocational or academic qualification in a civil engineering / electrical construction related discipline and the required experience or equivalent practical experience s is required in order to fulfil the requirements of this role.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.