Assistant Construction Site Manager (HV biased)
Our client is a world leading developer of Renewable Energy projects.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (HV Biased) forms part of the site management team and shall be responsible for the safe delivery of the HV & LV Infrastructure (up to 33KV), on and offsite, associated with the projects.
The role requires a sound background in the installation and management of HV & LV electrical works (up to 33KV), preferably in the renewables or independent connection provider (ICP) sectors and with intimate knowledge of industry standard electrical & mechanical safety rules and procedures.
The role provides versatile support in order to ensure the professional, safe, quality & environmentally controlled, on time, on budget delivery of the electrical construction phase of a project.
Health and safety is at the core of the company which is committed to promoting safe behaviours across all of their business activities. This role requires full buy in to company values, lean management principles and a commitment to positively promote the company behavioural health and safety programme to ensure that every employee, contractor or subcontractor Goes Home Safely.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (HV Biased) supports the Construction Site Manager in the management and supervision of HV & LV activity on and off site by our client and its contractors to ensure compliance with the requirements set out in contracts, management systems, statutory legislation and all other project obligations.
Key Accountabilities include:
The responsibilities of the Assistant Construction Site Manager (HV Biased) include:
Deputise for the Electrical Construction Manger and SAP during initial energisation or routine switching of the HV & LV systems including: -
- Produce safe systems of work and switching schedules
- Operate HV & LV equipment (up to 33KV) under the instruction of the SAP
- Plan and execute defects correction work projects
- Organise materials and contractors
- Attend emergency call-outs
Covering any of the responsibilities of the Construction Site Manager (as summarised below) as directed: -
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation
- Add value and reduce costs through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering solutions
- Coordination of company staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, community liaison groups and utilities
- Support to Project / Construction Manager in their preparation and negotiation of construction contract documentation and interaction with procurement team for the delivery of the agreed procurement strategy. This includes the administration of requisitions, purchase orders and contracts during construction
- Support the production and maintenance of all HSQE plans associated with the construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) and demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives
- Responsible for the safety of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the company management system
- Responsible for the quality of the works performed at site through management and supervision in accordance with the company management system
- Responsible for the environmental performance of the site works through management and supervision in accordance with the company management system
- Support with commercial matters related to the construction of the project in accordance with the contracts and company management systems.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (HV Biased) may act as Construction Site Manager in all aspects when cover is required, or for smaller sites or projects of short duration.
The Assistant Construction Site Manager (HV Biased) shall possess a detailed understanding of: -
- Construction plant, processes, materials and trades relevant to the design, build, testing and commissioning of renewable energy projects in UK & Ireland, and the associated regulations and legislation
- HV & LV energy networks
- Electrical and Mechanical Safety rules in the context renewable energy infrastructure projects
Confident presenter able to communicate with a large range of audience types, from small informal presentations, to chairing meetings and delivering inductions and training. Attention to detail in ensuring and evidencing the compliance of the works with the specification excellent time management skills in order to deliver the construction work efficiently.
Previous experience in an HV or LV installation supervisory role engaged on renewable energy or energy networks projects, with demonstrable development particularly with regard to Health and safety.
A relevant trade, vocational or academic qualification in an electrical discipline or equivalent practical experience is required in order to fulfil the requirements of this role.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.