Do you want to develop a career within the Rail industry? We are looking for a Civil Engineer to join my client's rail design team in York working on a variety of on-going design projects within railway and other sectors. The role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
* Master's degree in civil engineering
* Student/Graduate membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
* You will have gained 3+ years of civil / structural design experience ideally within the rail sector and in a consultancy environment
* Working toward Chartered Engineer status with ICE or IStructE
* Experience preparing design deliverables using civil engineering design software packages
* You will be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
* You will possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
* You will be flexibility to travel throughout the UK
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisation skills
* Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader / Associate Director within the Civil Design Team, you will provide technical support into assigned projects under professional supervision for the successful delivery of technically challenging designs. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your design and technical knowledge.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning to attain Chartered Engineer status and develop industry knowledge though affiliations and continuing education.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
* Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
* Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
* Participating in the resolution of technical issues
* Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
* Building relationships with Clients on projects
BASIC SALARY + PACKAGE