ASSISTANT ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNICIAN
An exciting opportunity to work within a small family owned environmental consultancy offering practical environmental advice and support the waste management industry. They offer a well-rounded service for waste, environment and management issues mainly taking ground water and soil samples on mainly landfill sites for clients. They are looking to expand their team due to the demand of their services with a new enthusiastic environmental technician.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Obtaining Landfill Gas, Surface Water, Leachate and Ground Water samples using appropriate equipment (pH meters, water pumps, gas analysers etc.)
- Routine site visits on a required frequency, including weekly, monthly & quarterly visits
- Some site maintenance, responsibilities dependant on experience and skills to be developed
- Data entry into excel databases and compiling excel reports; helping maintain databases. An understanding of simple formula would be advantageous
- Annual Monitoring Report support to the compliance team. An understanding of producing graphs in excel would be advantageous
- Confident using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Hold a full and clean driving license; comfortable driving a small van
- Aged 25+ due to van insurances
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm with some early starts dependent on site distance/work load)
Salary to be approximately £17,000 including holiday 20 days + 3 days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays. Good working environment and flexibility/ fairness surrounding personal appointments.
If you are interested in the role please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion.