|Job Title:||Assistant Health, Safety & Environmental Consultant|
|Salary:||Competitive Benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Wood|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Allen & York are proud to have been appointed to resource for a unique and interesting role based in Essex. The role of the Assistant Health, Safety & Environment Consultant is to primarily undertake sound insulation and air tightness testing within the group's construction projects and across external client's construction sites. The successful candidate will provide assistance to the consultants in their various work areas and develop their knowledge and competence in these fields.
Key role and responsibilities:
Effective Sound insulation testing - Authorised tester for sound insulation testing (SES UKAS procedure)
Effective Air tightness testing - Registered Air Tightness tester (ATTMA)
Assisting with collecting acoustical data for planning purposes
Assisting with contaminated land assessments, undertaking sampling as needed
Undertake Dust monitoring
Compiling CDM Closure Files for handover to clients
Assisting with the production of accurate reports (Fire plans, Crane plans, SWMP/KPi Plans and
Amongst other tasks
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, willing to take part in a variety of projects and areas of work, and keen to further their career and expertise in a supportive multi-disciplinary consultancy.
The successful candidate will also possess the following skills:
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to balance thoroughness with commercial demands
* Clear and confident communication skills (verbal and written)
* Highly developed and creative approach to problem solving
* Good interpersonal skills
* Self-motivated and proactive
* Can work independently or as part of a team
* Shows initiative, drive and enthusiasm
* Pragmatic with a flexible approach to work
* Have the ability to liaise with clients on a regular basis and conduct themselves in a way that reflects well on the business
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* Preferably Educated to a minimum of A-Level or equivalent.
* Numeracy skills
* Diagnostic skills
* IT skills, including working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and Microsoft Office
* Existing knowledge of Building Regulations or construction industry guidelines would be beneficial
* Full, clean UK driving license
The successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary plus an excellent remuneration package that includes a fully expensed company car, Health, Life, Medical Insurances and Company pension scheme. Staff also benefit from access to a free in-house gym.
Please apply today if interested, interviews will be scheduled soon.