Assistant Heritage Consultant
Location- London-South East
A growing heritage consultancy, whom provides independent, expert advice on the historic environment. The company prides itself on the quality of its advice and is involved in a wide variety of projects nationwide, particularly in London and the Home Counties. Clients include private owners, developers, housebuilders and local authorities. The breadth of project work and consultancy takes in the full range of heritage assets, both designated and non-designated and in rural and urban contexts. Projects range from small-scale alterations to urban extensions and Environmental Impact Assessments. The company is part of the collective of consultancy group.
As a home working organisation, they have a rare offering within the sector and embraces remote-working technology to stay connected.
As Assistant Heritage Consultant you will be assisting an Executive Director with their caseload. You will be shadowing on site visits, assisting with reports, undertaking online research, taking photographs and preparing graphics. Liaising with clients, attending meetings and developing your skills under guidance.
- 1 year's work experience and some experience of the Historic Built Environment.
- Good communication and excellent writing skills.
- Ability to manage workload and deadlines.
- Awareness of the planning system, legislation and policy.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop your skills in the heritage sector.
- Commercial awareness.
- Full driving licence
Who You Are:
- Based in London, or in commutable distance (travel throughout the UK will be required, predominantly in London and the South East).
- A graduate with a relevant qualification. An MSc in Building Conservation is helpful, though not essential.
- Someone with a positive attitude to home working and to learning from an experienced professional.
What's on offer?
- Highly competitive salary
- Full time home working, with site visits and meeting attendance as required
- Private healthcare (post-probation)
- 5% pension contribution
- Generous annual leave allowance
To find out more, call Zoe Payne on 01202 888986 today!