|Job Title:||Assistant Landscape Architect|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Collins|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a large multi-disciplinary with offices all over the UK but currently looking to fill a role at their Glasgow office.
The role has recently become available and is required to sustain service delivery and support growth and development of the Landscape & Urban Design team within the Environment and Energy Business Unit.
The purpose of the role is to complement and enhance the growing Landscape and Urban Design business by providing landscape architecture support capability for both infrastructure and public realm projects in a variety of sectors, including regeneration, energy, transport and water projects in Scotland.
The successful applicant will be located in Glasgow and will report to the Principal Landscape Architect in Glasgow. The applicant will hold a MLA or DipLA in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design with experience of Landscape Visual Impact Assessment and production of landscape drawings.
Requirements of the Assistant Landscape Architect
- Core Knowledge / Skills Areas:
- Knowledge of landscape assessment and design.
- Understanding of the environmental assessment process.
- Creative design ability.
- Demonstrable experience in one or more areas above gained from working in an office environment
- Commercial awareness and consultancy experience - understanding the role of an assistant Landscape
- Architect Enthusiasm and interest in current issues of landscape, urban design and placemaking, transport/movement
You will also have a combination of the following skills
- Excellent report writing skills essential.
- Computing skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) Sketch Up and AutoCAD.
- Communication skills for collaborating and working on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Understanding and awareness of contractual issues and risks when dealing with clients and sub-consultants
- Supporting at client facing meetings and able to assist with client/contractor meetings.
- Able to effectively contribute to the planning of resource for the successful delivery of projects.
If you would like to discuss this role further then please contact Tom Collins on 01202 888986.
We look forward to receiving your application.