Our Client is passionate about technical perfection and solar energy.
They are a global company, with expertise over 500 individual solar projects installed, working with clients worldwide to generate green energy that is emissions free, so important to the present and future generations.
Their Service division is looking for an Operation & Maintenance Assistant for its Operations.
The O&M Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of O&M plan activities in accordance of budget objectives.
- Responsible for all reactive maintenance on designated plants responding to service call outs with in the contractual response times
- Respond to alerts from security and output/performance monitoring services;
- Responsible for maintaining the preventative maintenance schedule for each plant completing required works with in the given deadlines;
- Complete required service reports and documentation for different activities completed on site;
- Adhere to all local health and safety standards;
- Manage a service technician assistant that will be paired with you;
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for activities carried out on site;
- Complete annual site inspections;
- May be required to perform pre O&M site inspections and complete an audit report for current status of the plant before O&M services begin;
- Supporting the development of the operations and maintenance services;
- Help to deliver all O&M activity within budget and resource guidelines;
- Maintaining plants responsible for to the highest level of standards;
- Providing appropriate training and supervision to sub-contractors;
- Analyse equipment and machine failures and suggest workable solutions;
- Ensure all works carried out complies with current legislation.
- Basic understanding of electrical systems and or Solar PV Systems;
- Experience in construction and or service work & capable of working with tools and is mechanically inclined;
- Able to take directions from O&M Technician and assist them with any required works that need to be completed on site;
- Willingness to learn and take additional training courses to improve electro-technical systems;
- Holds clean UK driving license;
- Holds a valid passport (travel outside the UK may be required for training);
- Experience of large scale Solar PV construction or O&M;
- Experience in data monitoring systems;
- Ethernet & Fiber-Optic Communications;
- Has worked with inverters before (centralized & decentralized);
- High voltage experience (HV Operational Safety/ SAP/ AP);
- Experience of telecommunication and CCTV systems;
- Able to work remotely and travel to various sites to react to events.
- Good communication skills;
- Good technical communication skills;
- Takes pride in quality of work;
- Interested in renewable energy and Solar PV;
- Can work in a team or independently;
- Can work to deadlines.