Our client is one of the forerunners in the LFG business across the UK, managing a number of profitable and renewable energy plants.
They require a senior person to assist with the running of operations.
- To assist and support the General Operations Manager with the day to day management and activities of the business. This will specifically include; health and safety, operations, maintenance, staff guidance and training, recruitment, and reporting. In turn to provide guidance and support to Area, Site and Gas Field Managers and develop own knowledge base.
- To assist with managing and fulfilling contractual obligations, developing capabilities to achieve maximum cost effective in house capability and interfacing with landfill owners and third parties.
- Providing guidance to Area Managers and plant operators in respect of health and safety standards
- Reviewing and understanding gas-field dynamics and changes in gas resource
- Achieving budgeted output whilst managing costs
- Site visits and audits to include corrective actions
- Operations and maintenance on all existing operational sites
- Project management and development
- Weekly and monthly reports
- Adhering to all group policies and procedures
- Compliance with health and safety standards
- Management of operating costs and resources
- Achieving budgeted output from all operational sites
- Maximising gas resource and collection efficiency on all operational sites
- Well documented business case reviews for capital expenditure
- Improved site communications
- Effective recruitment and training of site operators
- Experience of the broader functions of management within the Landfill gas industry
- Engineering background within the power industry
- Detailed knowledge in respect of generation using reciprocating engines
- SHE qualification, i.e. NEBOSH, IOSH, IEMA
- High competent level of IT Skills, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint