|Job Title:||Assistant Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - All disciplines - London
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Assist in the preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Senior Line Manager and any other reports which may be required.
* Assist in the preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
* Assist in the preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
* Assist in the preparation and management of subcontract and material Procurement Schedules.
* Assist in the administration of subcontractor/supplier accounts from the preparation of detailed requisitions, monitoring and authorisation of subcontract payments through to agreement of final accounts.
* Assist in the preparation of Early Warning Notices and associated registers.
* Assist in the identification and substantiation of Compensation Events/variations, etc.
* Assist in identifying commercial risks and opportunities and carrying out value engineering exercises.
* To encourage and develop a culture of contractual awareness and ensure that the full contractual entitlement is achieved by rigidly maintaining records, contractual notifications, change control, etc.
* Provide support and guidance to junior staff on commercial issues within the Project(s).
* To utilise MAXcel costing system to help improve cost control and financial/commercial reporting and utilise the system to its full potential.
* To implement Group Procedures and ensure they are strictly followed by junior commercial staff.
* Implement a robust system of site records for all labour, plant, materials, staff, etc as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract Works.
* Implement the agreed system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements.
* Assist in the preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
* Re measurement of quantities in accordance with the standard methods of measurement as required.
* Attend internal financial meetings as and when required.
* Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
* Undertake any other work as required of you by your Senior Line Manager.
- HNC or degree (construction related)
- CSCS (White / Gold Card)
- Full driving license