|Job Title:||Assistant Safety Officer|
|Salary:||€38000 - €40000|
|Contact Name:||Ashley Smith|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Assistant Safety Officer
Our leading Civil Engineering & Building Contractor client are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Safety Officer, this position offers an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing team working on various high profile projects to be based in Leinster.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with all employees in supporting them to achieve their EHS responsibilities;
- Monitoring the company’s sub-contractor management and permit to work programmes;
- Managing the contract permit to work (PTW) and safe plan of action (SPA) systems on a daily basis
- Managing the statutory forms as required on a construction site including GA3, GA2, AF3, AF4, daily plant inspections, hot works permits, etc.
- Participating in risk assessments, inspections, reviews and audits, & communicating findings and follow-up as required;
- Carrying out location specific health & safety inductions with a particular focus on continuous improvement;
- Distributing of safety communications including safety alerts, toolbox talks and industry related standards as required;
- Assisting with identifying and managing company EHS training provisions
- Support accident/incident investigations including statutory reporting obligations and reporting incident metrics;
- Attending contractor safety meetings as required by the Client
- Attending daily housekeeping walks as required by the Client
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
You report directly to the EHS Manager and are answerable to the Director of Safety and must have.
- Minimum of diploma in health and safety
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience (construction related is preferable)
- Must have SOLAS Safe Pass training complete and in date
- Occupational First Aid training
- Manual handling training
This opportunity of Assistant Safety Officer offers a salary of €35000 - €40000 including excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role please apply below and I will contact you directly to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively please contact me on 01202 888986.