Our client is one of the most well-known advisories in the UK. This practise 30 strong is uniquely placed within a large organisation focusing on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK.
Their work includes market and policy design, economic analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure.
The utilities sector is a key business area for their Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of largest utilities in the EU and beyond.
Our business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high-quality candidate to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on water and energy networks.
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis;
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas; Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge;
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches; Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness sand business development opportunities;
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously; Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models; developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures;
- Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects; maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors; as well as any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Have experience in the utilities sector, water and energy networks sectors, preferably in the industry or as a consultant specialising in these sectors
- Have some knowledge of finances and financial structures of utilities companies;
- Have understanding of current UK regulatory regimes as well as their application, including regulatory mechanics
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills-strong writing and quantitative skills are a must
- Have some experience in the application of financial analysis and regulatory economics; knowledge of the UK regulatory accounting practice in the utilities sectors would be a plus;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of economic and financial theory
- Provide well-thought out solutions to typical financial or economic problems in this industry;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.
For more information about this role, please contact Sally Woods at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986