Our client is a leading consultaing development engineering firm, working across across a variety of industries. They are seeking to develop and grow the civil engineering design team within the regional office, working in conjunction with the Associate Director for civil engineering.
- Develop expertise and introduce efficient methods of working, use of software and design standards.
- Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to team members relating to infrastructure design for commercial, residential and public sector projects.
- Management of projects including administration, client liaison, quality, fee proposals and budgets.
- Prepare and review calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Monthly invoicing, preparation of management reports and forecasts, attendance at management meetings.
- Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
- Developing strategies to diversify client base, type of project/sector to achieve growth aspirations of the company.
- Recruitment, management and development of team members to ensure effective productivity, continued professional development and maintain growth of the division.
- Undertaking staff appraisals and performance reviews.
- Role includes working within all offices as and when required.
- Comprehensive experience of a variety of projects including infrastructure, commercial projects, housing and public sector.
- Educated to a minimum standard of BEng in Civil Engineering studies or other related degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, including design, management, full knowledge of civil engineering design standards and business development.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers, or working towards Chartered/Incorporated Engineer status.
- Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.]
- Hold valid CSCS Card.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Micro Drainage, PDS and Autotrack design software packages.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Detailed knowledge of highways and drainage design standards and good practice, roundabouts, signalled junctions, traffic control schemes and sustainable drainage techniques.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
We look forward to recieving your application