A fast growing leading privately owned multi award winning Energy and Building Design Service Consultancy based in London and Berkshire. They set up their practice in 2008 to provide a consultancy that offers low carbon building service. Since they started trading they have won 23 industry awards as one of the leading SME fast growing companies of 2015,
There growing rapidly with ambitious growth plans for the near future so they are looking for a successful and naturally self - starter with excellent communication skills, to be technically minded and have a commercial attitude to all business projects with a strong focus on the customer relationship.
This is a strategically key role, where looking for an expert in UK Right of Lights to lead the daylight modelling division alongside the company's growth plans. The Successful candidate will be working for a specialist firm at a senior / Associate level with career progression to Director level in the near future.
- Managing the department and a team of 5
- Carry out site inspections, draft reports, and lead the existing modelling and daylighting team
- Comply with all regulations including health and safety
- Proactive BD and to maintain good relationships
- Prepare reports, schedules and notices for Proposals, drawings and to carry out risk assessments for improvements / refurbishments for new and existing buildings.
- Advice clients on neighbours right of lights & compensation
- Consult with clients and present findings
- Complete planned work programmes and project to schedule
- Undertake design review and technical guidance to the design team
- Provide input for proposal bids and preparing BID proposals
- Train & mentor junior staff
- Ability to work autonomously
- Degree qualified in Buildings surveying or equivalent
- Between 5 - 10 years' experience in right of lights (day light & sunlight)
- Undertaking Daylight modelling analysis and Rights of Lights modelling and consultation
- Experience in AutoCAD and Google Sketchup
- Fully compliant with Microsoft Excel, Office and PowerPoint
- Providing expert witness for planning/civil representation
- Chartered Surveyor and Member of RICs