It will be your responsibility to progress and manage a range of planning projects and related instructions, contribute to the development of new business initiatives and the daily running of the Firm. To continuously seek ways to improve the success of the Firm through the provision of a high quality service to clients, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Circa 8 years planning experience with some gained within private sector
- Ability to work on own initiative, advise clients on a range of planning matters and progress instructions with minimum director input
- Proven Track record of ability to manage large and complex planning projects and progress instructions with minimum director input
- Ability to secure new planning instructions
- MRTPI qualified
- Progress planning projects on behalf of clients under the broad direction of the Director
- Preparation, submission and consideration of planning applications for development sites and material in support of planning appeals and give evidence at examinations in public and public inquiries
- Drafting of planning policy documents, written representations concerning emerging policy documents and submitting planning applications
- Carrying out research into a range of planning related issues (planning topics and site specific proposals and policies)
- Providing planning advice to clients and maintaining and developing client relations
- Preparation of submissions in support of tenders for new instructions including fee proposal letters
- Business development initiatives including winning new clients and generating new instructions
- Supervision of administrative and junior staff
- Keep up to date on current planning issues, policy and legislation
- Other such associated tasks as may be appropriate.