Associate Director, Energy - London
Allen & York are pleased to be partnering with one of the world's leading property consultancies as they look to further strengthen their very successful Energy service offering in the UK which works with a wide range of private sector clients including developers, pension funds and institutional investors
The nature of the role will be to get someone on board, to accelerate the growth of the company's business, the development of their services and the team of existing energy management specialist.
The main responsibilities will be client and people focussed: building and maintaining existing relationships with clients, driving business development activities, developing company's services, and supporting management of the team. The right candidate will have a strong track record of energy management expertise and technical capability.
The company' needs a personable and enthusiastic associate director who will help to lead and oversee the delivery of energy reduction programmes, energy audits and EPC advice, primarily at office and retail assets, by assessing current performance, identifying energy saving opportunities and monitoring their implementation.
You will drive forward company's expanding energy management services by providing advice to some of the largest landlords and corporate occupiers in the UK and Europe and by thinking innovatively about how the company can best meet their clients' current and future needs. You will use your knowledge of how buildings function, as well as an appreciation of operational considerations to assess buildings and establish how their energy performance can be enhanced.
You will work with other energy management specialists within the Upstream team and with colleagues across the company, including Property & Asset Management, Property & Development Services and company's Corporate Occupier teams.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- A strong technical understanding of energy reduction, building energy audits, construction technology, building services and renewable energy technologies
- An ability to communicate and engage clients at all levels on technical issues and to translate complex concepts into understandable language
- Experience in energy and sustainability in either new or existing buildings - particularly in delivering a substantial number of energy audits and energy management projects
- Passionate about saving energy, carbon and wider sustainability issues
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Relevant degree and/or masters - mechanical, electrical, energy management etc.
- Current member or seeking membership of a professional body - CIBSE / IMECHE / Energy Institute or other appropriate
- Attention to detail and accuracy, ideally in written, visual and numeric work and proven project management skills
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Awareness of EPCs, DECs, BREEAM and low energy design principles is highly desirable
- Experience of working with commercial property and an understanding of the landlord and tenant relationship is desirable