|Job Title:||Associate Director Flood Risk|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Wood|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Allen & York have been selected to assist in recruitment for a leading consulting development engineering firm. This exciting organisation provide the full spectrum of professional engineering development services. They excel on delivering a high level of customer service, diverse skills, technical expertise and experience rarely found under one roof.
The successful candidate will:
· Be responsible for managing design teams and project managing numerous residential, commercial and highway related projects. Liaison and cooperative working with other senior staff and colleagues in other disciplines.
· Provide supervision, guidance, training and advice to team members relating to flood risk assessment, river/flood modelling, hydrology and drainage design.
· Management of projects including administration, client liaison, quality, fee proposals and budgets.
· Prepare and review calculations, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
· Monthly invoicing, preparation of management reports and forecasts, attendance at management meetings.
· Prepare business plans in accordance with company financial projection targets. Develop strategies to deliver opportunities in new sectors, create new client relationships and public sector frameworks.
· Business development and networking. Maintaining and growing existing client relationships, developing new opportunities and diversifying the range of commissions.
· Recruitment, management and development of team members to ensure effective productivity, continued professional development and maintain growth of the division.
· Undertaking staff appraisals and performance reviews.
· Role includes working within all offices as and when required. Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies for residential, commercial and other types of development sites.
· Expert Witness for planning inquiries and hearings.
· Understanding of current legislation/guidance and implications for Flood Risk and Drainage projects (F&WMA, CIRIA Guidance on SuDS, NPPF/NPPG, BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes).
· Work involves significant use of specialist design software and CAD.
· Outputs include drawings, reports, calculations and correspondence.
· Role involves submissions of reports for third party approvals and requires pro-active communication with clients, authorities/agencies and other third parties to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
What you'll need to succeed:
· Educated to a minimum standard of BEng in Civil Engineering studies or other related degree.
· Extensive relevant experience, including design, management, full knowledge of civil engineering design standards and business development.
· Chartered Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
· Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
· Proficient using Micro Drainage, XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow and ISIS software packages.
· Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and PDS design software.
· Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office.
· Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines and offices within the company and external organisations.
· Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the team but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
· Working knowledge of health and safety standards and adhere to them at all times.
· hold CSCS card and understand correct use of personal protective equipment.
· Understanding the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
This is a really exciting role with an organisation looking to build a successful, innovative flood risk team and what a time to be joining them to take the lead.
· Highly competitive salary
· Bonus scheme based on productivity.
· After 3 months service entitled to join company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution).
· Death in service benefit of 2x salary, rising to 4x salary after 5 years' service.
· After 6 months service entitled to join company private healthcare scheme.
· Membership fees for one professional institution reimbursed.
· Support provided to employees that join the Reserve Forces, are veterans or are Service spouses/partners
If you are interested, please do send your CV across at your earliest convenience.