Allen & York have been selected to recruit on behalf of a dynamic multidisciplinary engineering firm and as the Consultant leading up the recruitment - I'm really excited for the successful candidate!
The Company started with 6 staff and now has in excess of 70 dedicated and happy employees across a network of 5 offices. They are looking to recruit an Associate Director for the Flood Risk team to work across their network of regional offices.
The Associate Director will be a good all round Flood Risk professional and will be responsible for driving the business forward, attending events and networking to represent the business. The right person will be a sociable, personable team player who will build the flood risk teams to allow the business to manage the ever demanding workload.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and grow the flood risk/hydrology team within the regional offices, working in conjunction with the Associates for flood risk/hydrology, meeting the aspirations of the company.
- Develop expertise and introduce efficient methods of working, use of software and design standards.
- Undertake flood risk assessment and flood modelling for various types of project, including residential, commercial and public sector schemes.
- Expert Witness for planning inquiries and hearings.
- Management of projects including administration, client liaison, quality, fee proposals and budgets.
- Coordination with other disciplines/offices, client liaison, fee proposals and invoicing.
- Prepare and review calculations, drawings, technical documents, reports and correspondence.
- Ensure robust checking procedures are maintained throughout all projects on all output.
- The role involves submissions of reports/designs for third party approvals and will require pro-active communication with clients, authorities and other agencies to ensure projects are completed to deadlines and budgets.
- Recruitment, management and development of team members to ensure effective productivity, continued professional development and maintain growth of the division.
- Undertaking staff appraisals and performance reviews.
- The role will require working within all offices as and when required.
- Business development with existing clients and creating new contacts/opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience of a variety of projects including infrastructure, commercial projects, residential and public sector schemes.
- Educated to a minimum standard of BEng in Civil Engineering studies or other related degree.
- Extensive relevant experience, including design, management, full knowledge of flood risk/hydrology standards and business development.
- Proficient using Micro Drainage and flood modelling software packages such as XP Storm, Hec-Ras, Tuflow and ISIS.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software.
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of The Institution of Civil Engineers or similar.
- Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and good practice, including Sewers for Adoption, Wallingford Procedure, FEH, F&WMA, NHBC Standards, CIRIA 753 (SUDS Manual), NPPF, etc.
- Working knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Hold CSCS card and understand correct use of personal protective equipment.
- Understand the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines within the organisation and external companies.
- Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the team but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring/supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
This is a really exciting role with an organisation looking to build a successful, innovative flood risk team and what a time to be joining them. They are expecting 20% growth year on year post 2017, they are forever growing the workforce and they are in a great position to mould and change the structure as the growth takes place.
- Highly competitive salary
- Bonus scheme based on productivity
- After 3 months service entitled to join company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution)
- After 6 months service entitled to join company private healthcare scheme
- Membership fees for one professional institution reimbursed
- Support provided to employees that join the Reserve Forces, are veterans or are Service spouses/partners
If you are interested, please do send your CV across at your earliest convenience.