The Ground Engineering team at Allen & York have been engaged by a multidiscipline consultancy group, to identify a key senior individual to strengthen their presence in the West Midlands Contaminant Hydrogeology space.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated hydrogeologist to lead the development of national hydrogeological services, inputting into the wider contaminated land team which is one of the most well developed teams in the country. This is a multi-facated role, with technical, managerial and business development responsibilities included. The role would suit a consultant with a strong track record in the UK consultancy market, who is perhaps looking to move on from a regional to a national remit. You will be educated to degree level in Geology or Civil Engineering, with excellent experience of geo-environment work. You should hold Chartership with a relevant professional body.
About the candidate:
- You will be commercially aware, have a proven track record in winning work and building teams; and have the ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
- You will demonstrate passion for and a proven track record of business development and be able to identify and respond to new business opportunities including writing and reviewing bids and quotations.
- You will be experienced in managing the financial performance of projects to achieve budget targets and maintain key performance indicators.
- You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent planning & organisational skills;
- A high level of motivation to deliver excellent quality to programme;
- You will have a good all-round knowledge of the UK planning system and the workings of local government.
- Commitment to professional and personal development of self and others in the team.
This is a strong opportunity to join a developing team working on nationaly significant projects. Our client has developed their consultancy offering significantly in the last 5 years and is looking for an individual to share in their success.
If you could be interested in this opportunity, please contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York.