Associate Director / Technical Director - Transport Planning
£60,000+ (including benefits)
Top 10 multi-disciplinary company is currently recruiting for an Associate / Technical Director to join their Transport Planning team in the West Midlands, London or Berkshire
Opportunity for a talented Transport Planner to join a company seeking to expand and develop its existing successful Transport Planning team based on a significant increase in demand for its highway engineering services.
Key private and public sector clients include organisations such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes and Communities Agency, National Grid, and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers. The workload is extremely varied covering all aspects of the transport agenda.
The opportunity represents a challenging and exciting role for an experienced transport planning consultant to join the successful nationwide team of planning, transport and design professionals. You will be at the forefront of major infrastructure planning, working on some of the highest profile projects currently being proposed in the UK.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to develop professionally as an individual via the continued growth of the business over the next few years.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids
- Guide and review the work of less experienced staff, with team leader and staff management responsibilities
- You will play an important part in the continued growth of the team, identifying resource requirements and through the pursuit of business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and use of ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG
- Highway design & network modelling: multi-modal, traffic and micro-simulation models;
- Sustainable transport projects & development control and regeneration projects
- Preparation of Environmental Statements
- Work on the development of highway schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs
- Preparation of Transport Assessments, including junction modelling
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline.
- You will have either have been awarded or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status
- You will have around 5 years' experience in transport planning or a related discipline to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards (DMRB etc.), NRSWA and other traffic management issues
- Experience in S106, S38 and S278 agreements
- Knowledge of preparation of specifications and contract documents.
- You must have a full driving licence.
Interested? Get in touch!
01202 888986 ext. 243