A rare opportunity to work with a leading and highly reputable, independent, private national planning consultancy with a long history of success and achievement in their busy London office.
Our client has one of the longest histories of success in the planning sector in the UK. They have established a reputation based on outcomes and taking care of their clients' every need. From their five national offices they offer a national reach complete with local knowledge. They operate in all sectors retail, commercial, education, residential, leisure, regen and mixed use, renewables. Helping their clients in realising development potential and optimizing the use of land, buildings, and portfolios.
What sets this company apart?
Our client is 100% focused on being a top planning consultancy, and providing the best quality and service for the clients as possible; and they know that this vision starts with their employees. They believe that all of their employees should be involved at every stage of the process you will not be pigeon holed or become 'just a number'. From the start you will be actively engaging with the customer having ownership and autonomy of your own projects, all within a supportive and cooperative environment. You will be working with some of the top experts in the industry with access to unrivaled technical expertise and Director level input.
Everyone within the company, from Grads to Directors, contribute and realise the need to 'muck in'; they believe in accountability - what you get out will be commensurate with what you put in. There is no 'glass ceiling' potential for development and advancement within this organisation is real.
The Role of Associate Director
Joining a very busy team of town planners in central London, delivering across a wide variety of sectors, you will be specializing in the following services;
- You act as project manager, partnering and coordinating other market leaders in other specialisms to deliver results for your clients.
- You will be expertly promoting your clients planning applications, as well as advising on conditions and legal agreements; advise and provide strategy for the appeals and judicial review process, at times acting as expert witness.
- You will also offer strategic advice on planning prospects undertaking appraisals and feasibility studies.
- You will be generating new business, establishing and developing long term relationships with a portfolio of clients
- You, along with the Director, will lead the team in delivery, supporting and mentoring the junior members of staff
To be considered for the role of Associate Director
- Our client is looking for someone who can join this team and really hit the ground running being able to contribute and support from the start. They feel the following requirements will allow the successful candidate to do this:
- At least 5 years post qualification experience in London or the South East
- Generalist but ideally with great knowledge and expertise of London Market
- Good relationship with clients, and ideally a following to bring work
- Confidence to deliver work with limited supervision, but the awareness to know when to ask for help
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Full UK Driver's license
On offer is a fantastic package:
- Base salary commensurate with experience
- Generous car allowance
- Mobile phone allowance
- Employee contribution pension
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days holiday plus time off between Christmas and New Year
- Clear career progression to Director position
For more information about this job opportunity please contact Sarah Kerr at Allen & York
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that is - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!