Associate / Associate Director - Planning Team
The purpose of this Job Description is to indicate the general level of responsibility of the post. It is pointed out however, that the detailed duties may vary from time to time. The following will be reviewed at the annual Staff Appraisal.
The position is based at the London office. In order to raise the overall profile of the practice's town planning capabilities and to respond to particular business opportunities it may also be necessary to occasionally work from other offices.
It is essential that the applicant is a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute and has experience within a consultancy based environment.
The role will report directly to the Director of Planning but will also have responsibility for input into the running of the Planning Cost Centre in addition to direct management of staff within the team.
This is a forward facing role within a fast growing team. It is ideally suited to an experienced planning consultant seeking to take the next step in growing their career in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment.
1. To lead the town planning advice and co-ordination of key strategic projects alongside a team of other professionals both internal and external.
2. To produce advice and information in accordance with an agreed programme of work.
3. To visit sites and attend client meetings/project team meetings as and when necessary.
4. To continue to expand the client network of the planning team across the various sectors of operation.
5. To provide day to day management of junior members of the team on technical matters relating to projects.
6. To input into ongoing management of business planning, management of the cost centre, forward planning and strategic running of the planning team.
7. To provide ongoing advice to management teams within the practice on a variety provide be aware of current technical developments and Town Planning legislation and guidance and implement as required, including dissemination of this knowledge to other staff/clients as appropriate.
8. To promote the Planning Team through appropriate marketing initiatives as approved by a Director.
9. To undertake training and further development as part of a programme of Continuing Professional Development.
10. To maintain agreed technical and design standards as appropriate to the role, in line with office policy and to adhere to the Practice QA procedures.
Get in touch with Mark Maultby on 01202 888986 ext 284