Job Title: Associate Director, Planner
Reporting to: Head of Planning and Development Consultancy team
Key focus of job:
To handle all planning instructions in the existing portfolio of both national and local clients effectively across our Northern regions and beyond.
To actively seek to win new business from existing and prospective clients, for both the division and the business.
- To secure and manage instructions within the existing portfolio and relationships with clients and others in the local planning and property market.
- To identify and contribute on major bids for work.
- Target and expand the diversity of the Planning client base.
- To meet and exceed financial performance targets.
- To ensure debtors and disbursements are always at an acceptable level.
- Prepare fee forecasting and departmental cost budgets.
- To continually strive to improve working practices and client service delivery for the whole team.
- To provide an informed view on national developments and trends in Planning.
- To monitor and ensure effective and efficient co-ordination of internal resources.
- To liaise (where appropriate) with other LSH operations and services, particularly in relation to the Planning, and Development Consultancy Division.
- To represent LSH and the full range of property related services available to clients.
- Proven experience and relevant qualifications / eligibility to apply for RTPI Membership
- Proven track record in resolution of day to day management issues and in building strong client relationships both internal and external
- Computer Literacy, specifically in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates the ability to make effective presentations to clients
- Able to develop business planning skills including fee forecasting and fee proposals
- Demonstrate continued awareness of planning and property legislative changes
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of client requirements
- Enjoys the clear confidence and respect of clients
- Collects, reviews and acts upon client feedback
- Researches into current and future client requirements
- Demonstrates an awareness of market trends
- Generates new business for the Company from own efforts and through working with others
- Demonstrates an awareness of Planning market trends.
- Relates the implications of events and trends to the wider economic, social and environment picture
- Seeks to improve personal and team service delivery
- Actively generates confidence and purpose in others by demonstrating conviction in the Company, its services and self
- Understands and listens to the personal needs of others
- Communicates and converses well and is clearly understood by others in team
- Demonstrates good attention to detail by regularly producing carefully prepared, accurate work
- Uses thorough and effective data gathering techniques in all aspects of the work
- Experienced and capable presenter, both of technical and business matters
- Presents a professional image when dealing with clients and demonstrates self confidence
- Demonstrates confidence and understands own strengths and weaknesses
- Highly organised
- Demonstrates ambition and commitment to self development
- Makes things happen through others
- Manages own time and exercises good commercial judgement to maximise fee earning potential
- Team Player
Contact Mark Maultby on 01202 888986