Our client is looking for an ambitious and experienced individual to manage their small existing transport team in London and to grow that team as workloads increase.
You will be responsible for managing project opportunities from within their multidisciplinary teams as well as developing your own contacts and opportunities. You will also be responsible for performing management tasks within the London business unit and coordinating with other offices and teams within that business unit.
- You will be educated to degree level (or other equivalent qualification) in a relevant numerate subject, and ideally, a member of a relevant professional body.
- You will have a good all-round knowledge of the UK planning system and the workings of local government.
- It is anticipated that you will have experience in the following;
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plan Reports;
- Transport scheme design and appraisal; and
- knowledge of relevant policy, guidance and advice including DMRB and MfS.
- You should be able to analyse data then collate and interpret it.
- You will be expected to manage projects for technical, programming and financial matters,
- Ability to create and develop client relationships including widening our client base.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic transport modelling, or prior experience of using SATURN and VISUM software would be desirable also knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoTrack and GIS would be desirable, in addition knowledge and use of any of the following is desirable, ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, S-PARAMICS, VISSIM and TRICS.
The position is available immediately.
About the Company
They are an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. They are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. They help their clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. They are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
In return for your dedication, you'll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You'll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.