Position Title Associate Director - Transport Planner
Job Category Planning
Business Line Transportation
Office Region United Kingdom
What we do:
This is what we do in the Modelling and Appraisal team. In the spirit of company trying to 'deliver a better world' we are trying to improve the transport of today for a better tomorrow. Whether we are assessing the impact of town development on a transport network or identifying synergies and inter-dependencies between schemes; we are working collaboratively with the rest of our 100+ transport planning colleagues across the South East and the rest of the teams in the UK to create innovative solutions to the problems our clients are having. We are ideally looking to recruit in our Bedford office but would be open to considering Cambridge as a location.
* A strong team of experts to work with and learn from
* A variety of different teams and opportunities within the company for whatever career pathway you want to take
* Exciting projects (some not so exciting, let's be honest) to work on ranging from local, national and international problems to solve to keep you busy
* A flexible working policy - work/life balance is the key! We would consider the role on either a full or part-time basis and are happy to look at a range of different working patterns.
* A central location near to the station, shops, cafes and restaurants and a peaceful walk along the River Great Ouse!
* An active Sports & Social Club, offering a variety of sporting activities, Go karting and trips to 'Go Ape' to name but a few
* A comprehensive internal training programme to teach you what you may want to learn but haven't had the chance to yet
* You will have demonstrable experience in managing teams and developing them to meet their potential.
* You should have experience in some technically challenging transport planning projects - we love to hear about those!
* You need to be great with clients, managing their expectations and delivering their projects - we also love happy clients!
* You should have acquired strong market knowledge, if not, where have you been hiding?
* You will have an analytical mind and background - you want to know the why's and wherefores of things - especially if they transport related;
* You will have knowledge and experience in transport modelling and forecasting and experience in appraisal and evaluation of transport proposals;
* You have used and have great knowledge of simulation software packages e.g. SATURN, PARAMICS, CUBE, EMME, VISSIM, TUBA and spreadsheet modelling to name a few;
* You are good at managing your time to ensure you meet those pesky deadlines;
* You need to have strong technical and report writing skills;
* And you should be able to explain technical concepts to others, especially our graduates and anyone else who may ask…
Preferred Qualifications It would be great if you had:
* Membership or working towards membership of a chartered professional institution such as CIHT, TPS, CILT or ICE
* A Master's degree or PhD in Transport Planning or related subject/social based discipline
* We would like for you to have a professional accreditation such as TPP, CIHT or MICE
Call Mark Maultby on 01202 888986