Our client is a technical advisory firm, highly regarded within the wind industry.
They work within onshore wind asset management and offshore wind due diligence within three areas;
• Business and policy advice – helping companies and whole industries make commercial progress
• Economics and socioeconomics – helping to focus on what is most important in reducing cost and increasing economic benefit
• Engineering – helping to develop new technology and get the best from existing operating assets.
The breadth and integration of their work makes them unique, with unparalleled insights into the wind, wave and tidal energy markets.
- A strong leader to head up their team in Scotland and grow their wider activities in one of two areas, onshore wind asset management or offshore wind due diligence.
- A key role in increasing turnover and influence in Scotland and beyond.
- Challenge, support and grow the Scottish team so they can perform to their full potential.
- Key member of our leadership team to help grow wider business.
- Identifying opportunities to support the growth of renewables in Scotland
- Demonstrating thought leadership and developing business in your specialist area
- Developing and implementing business development strategy and leading client proposals for future work
- Delivering work at a range of levels, keeping “hands-on” in delivery, creative and collaborative leadership of the staff in the Scottish team
- Representing the company at industry events across the UK and overseas
- Project directing, project managing, peer reviewing and proofing others’ work
- Supporting the team in delivering excellent work on time and on budget
- At least ten years working in the wind industry, with at least five years in either onshore asset management or offshore due diligence (ideally in Scotland)
- Knowledge and experience of working with Scottish public bodies
- Significant experience in a management consultancy or technical consultancy role
- A strong network within your sector, especially in Scotland
- Strong commercial awareness, and proven business development skills, with the ability to provide practical, strategic input to clients from board level to operational level
- Proven ability at leading and developing people and growing teams at a senior level
- The initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team, delivering projects to demanding clients
- A combination of analytical rigour with practical sense
- The ability to communicate effectively with private and public sector clients, conference audiences and the rest of the team
- A clear, concise and accurate verbal and writing style
- The ability and willingness to travel as required by the role
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to live and work in the UK.
- Potential for flexible working.