Associate Director - Infrastructure Engineer - Cambridge
Salary - £DOE
Currently seeking a Principal - Associate Infrastructure Engineer for a global design and consultancy firm who specialise in the natural and built asset environment. As an ambitious and adept Engineer looking to enhance your career you will be joining a successful and dynamic team working on some varied and interesting projects. If you possess the necessary skills coupled with a fierce determination to grow and succeed with a supportive organisation and wish to maximise an amazing opportunity, please read on.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
* Degree Qualified, Chartered Engineer (M.I.C.E.) or equivalent.
A proven experience in leading land development projects including,
- Land development infrastructure and management of multi-discipline specialists from pre-planning / feasibility through to construction delivery stage,
- NEC contract management and design management,
- Relationship building and client management, a track record in achieving sales through business development and client facing relationship,
- Flexibility to travel occasionally throughout the UK and abroad when required.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Client facing and ability to develop contacts and relationships.
- Sound experience of managing commercial aspects of design projects
- Excellent motivator with the ability to influence and manage people and situations effectively.
- You will have the ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner to deliver the very best solutions to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director/ Associate Director, you will hold a key role within the Land Development and Building Structures team, providing expert technical advice and contract supervision leading by example through the successful delivery of infrastructure, highways and drainage projects.
You will be accountable for taking a leading role in the contract supervision delivery of development related infrastructure including surface water, foul water, highways and utilities design to meet the client's requirements and adoptable standards, taking responsibility for technical output. You will lead / support the management of projects including bidding to win support, resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines and contractor D&B teams to ensure the integrity of the overall design, providing both leadership and technical advice.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting all designs (in house and external) before issue
- NEC and other Contract control
- Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to the marketing/networking.
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
- Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm and wish to work in partnership with clients who consistently deliver exceptional outcomes through sustainable solutions, whilst taking the opportunity to grow your career and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.