|Job Title:||Associate Planner / Technical Director - Major Projects|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Andy Tubb|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
Associate Planner / Technical Director - Major Projects
£60,000+ (including benefits)
Top 10 multi-disciplinary company is currently recruiting for an Associate / Technical Director to join their Planning team in the West Midlands
The opportunity represents a challenging and exciting role for an experienced planning consultant to join the successful nationwide team of planning, transport and design professionals. You will be at the forefront of major infrastructure planning, working on some of the highest profile projects currently being proposed in the UK.
The projects you will work on are varied in nature, client and size, and require skills in project management, communication and negotiation. The company views major project planning as one of their key strengths, building upon our existing track record and the complementary technical skills and services that we can access as a global environment and infrastructure company.
This position represents an excellent opportunity to develop professionally as an individual via the continued growth of our business over the next few years.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide project management and direction to multi-disciplinary teams working on major projects across the UK.
- Act as the key point of contact between clients and the company, providing them with the appropriate advice that they require to move forward with their nationally significant projects (NSIPs).
- Work with both senior professionals in the company as well as those within client organisations and other consultancies often as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Help to grow work both nationally and internationally in the consenting and delivery of major projects.
- You will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Town Planning and will be a full member of the RTPI.
- You will ideally have a minimum of 10 years' experience within the planning sector in the UK with a substantial part of that time spent in the private sector.
- You will have a demonstrable track record in the direction and management of major projects and a thorough understanding and experience of the Planning Act 2008 and the DCO process.
- You will ideally have experience of EIA and stakeholder engagement.
- You will be familiar working within a large scale multi-discipline project team liaising with client's legal teams and with technical consultancies.
- You will be confident and persuasive with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You will have the ambition and ability to develop new client relationships, to help build our business and to manage key clients.
We look forward to receiving your application.