Associate / Senior Heritage Consultant
Home based role
A rapidly growing heritage consultancy, Heritage Collective provides independent, expert advice on the historic environment. The company prides itself on the quality of its advice and is involved in a wide variety of projects nationwide, particularly in London and the Home Counties. Clients include private owners, developers, house-builders and local authorities. The breadth of project work and consultancy takes in the full range of heritage assets, both designated and non-designated and in rural and urban contexts. Projects range from small-scale alterations to urban extensions and Environmental Impact Assessments. The company is part of the Heritage Collective UK Limited group.
As a home working organisation, Heritage Collective has a rare offering within the sector and embraces remote-working technology to stay connected.
* At least 5 years' proven experience, ideally in a heritage consultancy role or similar experience in the public sector (conservation officer / Historic England)
* Good working knowledge of the planning system, legislation, and policy application
* Ability to preparing Heritage Statements (impact assessments) and other reports, e.g. Environmental Statements, Conservation Management Plans and appeal statements with minimal supervision
* Experience of providing sound advice on proposals, and client liaison
* Experience of commissioning or undertaking documentary/archival research
* Experience of liaising/consulting with Historic England, attending Design Team Meetings and pre-application meetings
* Ability to manage a workload and deadlines
* Commercial awareness, and experience in preparing fee proposals
Who You Are:
* Home Based, but within commutable distance of London (travel throughout the UK may be required on occasion)
* Full member of IHBC with an accredited qualification at Masters level
* Full driver's licence is desirable
* Past experience of target-based performance management and/or self-management is desirable
* Positive attitude to home working
What's on offer?
* Highly competitive salary
* Full time home working, with site visits and meeting attendance as required
* Private healthcare (post-probation)
* 5% pension contribution
* Generous annual leave allowance
Please call Zoe Payne for an informal discussion on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.