|Job Title:||Associate/Tech Director Defense Masterplanning|
|Salary:||£50000 - £75000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Associate Director / Technical Director Masterplanning
Flexible Location - UK Wide
Overview / Responsibilities
We are pleased to be working with one of the leading multidisciplinary global consultancies who are currently seeking an enthusiastic, driven and knowledgeable Associate Director / Technical Director to fill an exciting client facing role.
The main focus of this role is to support the continued growth of the planning and design work for the UK Ministry of Defence and the US Department of Defense.
There will also be opportunity to work on other property projects for a mix of public and private sector clients. The role will require that you manage projects and/or provide a technical advisory role in estate development planning projects of varying types ranging from feasibility and assessment studies to pre and post contract support.
You will be a proven development planning expert in defence and ideally other property sectors. You will manage projects that are often high profile and challenging, requiring both breadth of vision and a full appreciation of the project lifecycle, with the drive and enthusiasm to become immediately involved with complex projects as part of a successful, delivery focussed team. You will demonstrate experience in strategic and site specific land use planning, with a strong project management and technical background, which may range from planning and urban design through to construction or engineering. Your role will include scoping and preparation of project proposals, defining client needs and matching resources to technical requirements; client and project team management, typically working in an integrated 'partnering' environment on projects in the defence and potentially other property development sectors.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Planning, Architecture or other development / construction related discipline
- Membership of Professional Institute in Planning, Architecture or other development / construction related discipline
- Proven senior level experience of in the defence sector or equivalent related public sector estate development field
- Proven experience of consultancy with client facing skills
- Proven ability to employ a range of high level written and illustrative skills and ability to produce print-ready reports related to estate development
- Proven ability to write fee and project bids and perform effectively at interview
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and as part of an established team
Interested in the role of Associate Director / Technical Director Masterplanning?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Masterplanning Director in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options.