EIA Associate or Technical Director - London
Due to continued growth my client is looking to recruit an Associate or Technical Director EIA professional to join their London team. The successful candidate would join one of the UK's largest team of EIA practitioners and, depending on experience, could fulfil the role of leader of approximately 20-25 staff currently delivering EIAs in London's urban regeneration sector and infrastructure projects.
The successful candidate will have a track-record of successful project delivery, client account management, and business development. In particular, the individual will have experience in London urban regeneration, transport infrastructure, power development, oil and gas and local government sector experience.
You will provide support to clients at all stages of the development process, including feasibility, optioneering, promotion through planning and project implementation. EIA work covers a range of planning regimes, including Town and Country Planning applications, Transport & Works Act Orders and Development Consent Orders.
The following provides a sample of our recent and current projects:
- London Olympicopolis - EIA Lead
- Bank Station Capacity Upgrade - EIA and Planning Lead
- Earls Court Regeneration - EIA Lead
- Battersea Power Station Redevelopment- EIA Lead
- Bishopsgate Goodsyard - EIA Lead
- Royal Wharf - EIA Lead
- HS2 - EIA Lead
- A303 Stonehenge Roads Investment Strategy - EIA Lead.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following illustrative roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of EIAs for a number of urban regeneration and other projects, working alongside our experience Project Managers.
- Lead the preparation of major project bids
- Contribute to work wining activities and client account management
- Assist with meeting the team's financial targets
- Demonstrate leadership in quality, innovation and health & safety
- Provide staff mentoring and assist with team leadership
- Be a key interface with other senior individuals elsewhere
- Help with business strategy development for the wider south of England Environment and Planning Team and to lead on certain sales and marketing initiatives especially within the urban regeneration and infrastructure sector
- Work with the Operations Leaders and wider management team to manage recruitment, training, annual appraisals and disciplinary matters
- Monitor the team's adherence to company health and safety, quality and environmental management system requirements
- Technically review EIA/ESIA/ESHIA Chapters, and Non-Technical Summaries
- To keep up to date with relevant environmental planning legislation/policy/guidance.
- Minimum Requirements
- Previous experience in EIA and Environmental Management
- Experience in project direction/management and financial management of major projects
- A track-record of work winning and successful client account management
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited direction
- Effective and persuasive leadership skills
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- You will have a good first degree and a second degree in an appropriate environmental discipline.
- You will have chartered status with a relevant professional body.
For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com
I look forward to receiving your application